We are happy to say the Dorcas Thrift Shop and Donation Drop Off area have been open since Monday, May 11th, 2020. Our current hours (for both the store and drop off) are 11 AM – 5 PM Monday – Saturday.
Like many stores, we are putting provisions in place to protect our volunteers, customers, and staff during this time:
- There will be one dedicated entrance and exit to the Shop.
- We will be limiting the number of customers allowed entrance into the shop at a time and a customer queue line will be established with social distancing guidelines along the front walkway. A staff person will be present to manage the line.
- ALL customers, volunteers and staff will be required to wear masks, including any children coming into the store.
- Fitting rooms and bathrooms on the sales floor will be closed.
- Cashier stations will be open to allow for six feet spacing. Protective guards have been installed in front of the registers. Customers signatures for credit card transactions will not be required to reduce the need to touch the signature pad on credit readers.
- The jewelry and vintage counter will be open as long as we have volunteers to work the counter. A protective guard has been placed along parts of the counter with a pass through slot.
- Sanitizer will be available upon exit of the store. All shopping carts will be wiped down by staff before being used by another customer.
For more information about the drop off process: https://dorcascary.org/donation-drop-off/.
Thank you for helping us do our best to keep everyone safe and healthy!